Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Think I Have Found the Wagon Again.

Okay so I disappeared for awhile, my computer crashed and then thing after thing happened.  In that time I was able to maintain my sugar free lifestyle for a bit, then I fell off the wagon.  Actually I lost the wagon.  This reminds me of a passage from "Sugar Blues," by William Dufty, "...The difference between sugar addiction and narcotic addiction is largely one of degree.  Small quantities of narcotics can change body-brain behaviour quickly.  Sugar takes a little longer..."  It struck me because when I started on the sugar again every seemed fine, normal really.  I continued my day, telling myself it was just a slip and I would get past it.  My day continued and late that night as I was going to bed I had developed hives all over my feet and hands.  Although I knew it was the sugar, I remained in denial and continued.  The first day began with a carrot muffin and some zucchini loaf.  Small, nothing majour but it lead to the hives, a sleepless night and a full on binge.  Next came doughnuts, then triple chocolate doughnuts, then a full on binge of doughnuts.  It was as though I couldn't stop.  I didn't eat them all at once but one in the morning, another in the afternoon, another at night.  Disgusting really and the hives continued.  I have literally ripped holes in my feet scratching.

So as we stand now, I am looking for the wagon to get back on.  While I was off sugar people kept telling me that I looked good, lost weight and that my complexion was looking good.  I'm lucky I don't think I gained weight when I feel off the wagon.  So I'm back at it, today was day one and so far so good.

What I've Eaten:  This is breakfast and lunch, it's not time for dinner at the time of post.
3 pears
2 apples
2 clementines
beef stew with turnip, parsnip, potato, carrots and of course beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment