Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day Eight's Food. I'm Almost there.

The detox is almost over, this is day eight of ten but I think I can start reintroducing foods now to see about a reaction. My goal is to remove refined sugar forever and most likely flour. I am going to look at keeping low fat dairy and minimum amounts of caffeine. Instead of one large coffee a day, one small. However I believe that sugar has been a serious issue for me as it gluten.


I have yet to start feeling better but I believe that is a complication from an illness I am currently fighting as opposed to the diet. I have noticed I am less puffy, wouldn't say I have lost weight yet but have lost bloating. I've also had compliments on my skin and I do believe that my complexion is looking better. My environmental allergies haven't been as bad and my asthma seems to be less prevalent.


Food:
oatmeal with cinnamon sprinkled on top
grapes
six bean salad with quinua, green peppers, broccoli, tomato, lemon juice, olive oil, and dill weed
slice of quiche with shrimp and tomato
Felafel with tomato, lettuce, chick pea sauce and garlic sauce (I noticed my tummy isn't happy after this or the deep fried felafel, really it's a toss up) I think it's either the garlic or the flour wrap.


I made a mistake I reintroduced two foods today instead of one, dairy and flour. This is because I was out. I need to look at better options for when I eat out as face it I am a social person and am always somewhere with friends. Tomorrow I have High Tea at the Knit Cafe http://www.theknitcafetoronto.com/ but I am sticking to just dairy. No flour or wheat. It should be easy there, their options are usually healthy. Oh and of course no sugar.


Finally I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and think I can handle this no sugar bit for the rest of my days. Still don't think it will be easy but I think it will be do able.

No comments:

Post a Comment