Sunday, October 24, 2010

I'm Back

Well you have probably noticed I haven't been here for awhile.  I fell off the wagon, in fact after Thanks Giving I wasn't even sure there was a wagon anymore. 

My down fall started at my Thanks Giving dinner, which I was well aware I would be cheating at.  It was a special occasion so I figured I could treat myself with a slice of pumpkin pie and whip cream.  The problem is I didn't stop there, I ate my mothers turnip knowing there was sugar in it.  I also had a slice of apple crumble with ice cream.

Had it of ended there I would have been okay but it didn't.  The next day I went to wonderland with a friend from work, I had a seasons pass so I could go without spending any money.  However I got a funnel cake.  :(  I also had a pop with my pizza slice, sadly it was cheaper then getting the three dollar bottle of water. 

Those two days were the worst of it however I have cheated since then, a free trip to the movies and the coupon included a combo, so I had pop.  That was two weeks ago and I remained on track after that.  I then cheated again on October 18th, when I went for the High Tea at the Kind Edward and ate the tiny little pastries that were served.

Since that day I have had a muffin each morning with my coffee which is really bad, just as bad as having a doughnut.  I hear by vow to stop that and get back on the wagon.  Despite these full blown cheats I have been eating very healthy in between cheats.

I have lost weight, I can tell, I can see it.  My clothes are loser, I can see it in the mirror and even cellulite had dissipated.  This week I also started jogging on top of my regular exercise. 

Tomorrow is Monday, and I am starting over again removing refined sugar from my diet.  At this point I would like to thank my friends who sent support and advice from across the country.  Sherilyn, Rachel and Natalie.  Thanks for all your tips, suggestions recipes and support, it is greatly appreciated.

Having worked with addicts I am well aware that slips are a part of recovery, in fact one cannot likely recover without.  I just have to remain determined and see my goal, a sugar free Laura.

1 comment:

  1. Awe Laura - the important thing is you have recognized your errors and you are picking yourself up and getting right back on that sugar-less horse.

    Remember, it is accumulative, healthy eating and efforts towards optimal health...it isn't black and white and be-all-end-all. The little steps you are making in the right direction add up and eventually these cheats, slips, falls, will be a thing of the past. There will come a time where cheating to you means something so different than thinking that "sugar" is a treat.

    Remember, sugar is an anti-nutrient...meaning it is robbed of all its nutrients through its processing and by consuming it it robs you of yours (I know you are aware of this) so thinking of "sugary" foods as "treats" is detrimental to your nutrition.

    You have the desire....the knowledge...now it is a matter of behavioural changes...which take time...but you will get there!

    xo

    ReplyDelete