Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Annoyed!

Okay, so now I am just annoyed, for dinner I was making the warm black bean and turkey salad, which I quite enjoy.  The recipe calls for salsa but do you think I could locate a salsa without sugar in it?  Of course not.  Can a preserve like that even be made without sugar in it? 

Well I made the salad with the salsa so that is a bunk.  The funny thing is the recipe came from the book, the book telling me to rid my diet of sugar.  Hmmmm.  That must mean there is a sugar free salsa out there somewhere or the author made a horrific mistake.  Too bad as the salad is fantastic.

Warm Black Bean and Turkey Salad

1/2 cup each red and green pepper
1/4 cup onion
1-2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1-1 1/2 dried dill
lean ground turkey
1/4 cup black beans
1/4 cup salsa
3 cups mixed greens salad.  (I used mixed baby spinach.)

1 comment:

  1. i say...make your own salsa. there are lots of recipes online and they don't contain sugar. of course, this is hard when you are feeling sick and low on energy, but might be worth trying when you are feeling better.

    you can call me your link-y friend cuz i found more links for you...recipes for sugar free salsa:

    http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/speedy-homemade-salsa/Detail.aspx

    http://www.cookingnook.com/recipe-for-homemade-tomato-salsa.html

    remember, your food processor is one of your best friends...you could easily whip up a salsa within 5-10 minutes and use it fresssssh! think 'magic bullet' infomercial.

    ReplyDelete