Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day One Food

Okay so day one didn't start great, I began with a date square and a large coffee with cream. In my defence I didn't know I would be plunging into this detox today, it wasn't until I hit the health food store later in the day that I realized things would have to move a lot faster then I thought.

What I ate:
Large Coffee with Cream
Date Square
Left over Tofu with veggies-greed and red pepper, bok choy, onion, broccoli and carrots.
Nectarine
Smoothie: Acai berry juice, strawberries, raspberries, blue berries, black berries, 3 table spoons of plain yogurt, half a banana table spoon New Roots Fibre, table spoon of green drink supplement and a tea spoon of whey protein.
Ahhh, cooked more tofu with veggies.
Cranberry Apple Tea
Cheeseburger Doritos...which obviously fall out of the healthy eating spectrum. Unfortunately they were here.

So what did I learn from day one? That I am not eating enough food which is probably a good portion of why I binge. So I need to eat more. We'll see how day two chalks up.

3 comments:

  1. hey l,

    you may want to do a little bit of research on soy as well (tofu.). it is ok in small amounts, but i see that you already consumed it for 2 of your meals.

    soy products such as tofu and soy milk may act as a synthetic estrogen in your body thus continuing the disruption of your hormone levels and possibly increasing your risk for breast cancer.

    here is a link so you don't think i am coming out of left field:http://www.healingdaily.com/detoxification-diet/soy.htm

    i think it is great what you are doing and i hope the transition goes smoothly. a few years ago, i was a binge eater too, consuming large quantities of sugar and carbs (pasta).

    my change in diet has been empowering and has taken years of my skin...it has never looked better...and given me much needed energy that i always seemed to lack.

    i hope it does the same for you!

    rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel,
    I'm new to this blog bit. If I respond here do you get notified? Or should I email you?
    Hmm guess I'll know if you don't reply. I'll save my response until I know. :)
    Laura >3

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey laura,

    you can email me if you want. i didn't get notified of your response...but managed to lurk back this way. actually, feel free to facebook me. that works best.

    hope things are going well. i need to get caught up on your blog after being away for the weekend.

    rach

    ReplyDelete