Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Scale or Lack There of.

You will probably notice that I have not once mentioned my current weight or measurements or daily stats.  The reason for this is not a oversight but simply that I don't fall into the numbers game.  BMI you say.  If I were to shrink down to the BMI idea of what I should weigh I would be sick looking.  I know I need to lose weight, probably upwards of 20 pounds.  The BMI suggests I need to lose close to 50 lbs.  I would not look healthy at such a weight, lets face it, I have curves that aren't going away.  My hips have fat yes, but they also have large bone structure. 

Having vented my rant above I have opted to carry out this diet/detox with out the dreaded scale and measuring tape.  This is for my health and not aesthetic reasons.  Not that I don't want to look good!  My motivation is not a smaller dress size, a smaller number on the scale or even a glance from a handsome stranger.  This all began because I felt crappy and couldn't kick it.  I am doing this to feel good, to be healthy and to take care of myself.  My dress size will land where it lands, my weight will fall into place and God help me a handsome stranger will look my way but these aren't my motivations, their just perks.

For these reasons I have opted to show my progress with my vitality, smile oh and a few photographs so you can all catch a glimpse of how fantastic I am when done.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment