Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day Two

Okay so day two started off well, but quickly went down hill. Coffee is an essential this will be much harder then I thought and I knew it would be painful. I also realized that I eat without thinking. My friend Lydia (shout out) went to The Word on the Street book festival at Queens Park, I grab a sucker from one of the booths and had polished it off before I clued it that it is a forbidden food. It would have been easier to forgive myself had it been something other then sugar but alas it was the devil food.

I had a couple other slips but they were not so mind less, I was starving and had Tim Horton's gift card and no money. There was no food at home to be had so I opted for a bowl of chili and a bottle of water. So I knowingly cheated but at it could have been worse, there was no sugar and no second cup of coffee which normally I wouldn't think twice about.

Day Two Food:

Two boiled eggs
Large Coffee with Cream (This was a cheat but I felt I need it to function.)
Left over tofu with vegetables (same as day 1's)
Sucker (Damn, not smart)
Chili with whole wheat bun (A cheat but I maintain it could have been worse)
Smoothie (Same as day 1)
Quinua Salad- Quinua, red pepper, bok choy, tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice and dill weed.

This day was hard, I crave sugar a lot more there I was aware, it seems I always have to have it. Not giving in is difficult as I always just eat it as I crave it. I remember as a small child I would just stick my finger in the sugar jar and eat it straight up. As a teen I remember ran sacking my house looking for any kind of sugar or chocolate.

My friend Lydia told me something interesting, apparently we crave the foods we are allergic too. Now I know my body is having a poor reaction to sugar, is it an allergy?

Any tips for stopping the craving?

1 comment:

  1. are you allowed to have sugar substitutes?

    i love Madhava's Agave Nectar in Amber for a sweetener. it is soooooo goooood.

    http://www.madhavahoney.com/AgaveNectar.aspx

    how about natural sweeteners like honey and maple syrup?

    keep at it. tomorrow is another day!
    r

    ReplyDelete